Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back at 2007

The year 2007 started rather inauspiciously for me - in darkness. Still, despite the absence of electricity to brighten our New Year Media Noche in the physical sense, there was a palpable effort to make the New Year celebration a joyous event despite the odds. For me, that drive to pull through despite the odds was in many ways, the defining point of the entire 2007. This was the year of rebuilding, the year of surviving.

Now as the new year 2008 beckons, I can't help but look back at the past year. I'm thankful that even with many inevitable problems, conflicts, and disillusionment that pockmarked the whole year, it has been a year full of blessings - in the form of new and old friends, a stable job, a loving family that is still together and many more.

When stripped down to the basics, just as we were when the year started 12 months ago, one gets to realize that the best things in life really aren't things. I may not have all the riches and material things, but I'm glad I have the 'best things'. Goodbye 2007! Cheers!

No comments: