Thursday, January 31, 2008

3D Model: House with Tiered Gabled Roof

Isometric View
As some of you may well know by now, I've always wanted to be an architect. As a kid, I used to sketch a lot of houses, from simple "bahay kubos" to grandiose mansions. I loved making my own floor plans where I can create habitable spaces for people. I even made an entire city plan complete with wide avenues and parks. Back then, I would consume several sheets of pad paper drawing my 'masterpieces'. Haha!

That interest has never really waned. That's why Google Sketchup is one of my favorite programs. SketchUp has allowed the kid in me to move on from doodles of houses to 3D models complete with architectural details and textures. Here's one of my recent 3D model creations on SketchUp: a two-storey house with a tiered gabled roof.

Detail of balcony, courtyard and fountain

It's best to call the style of this house as "eclectic", haha. Some highlights include decorative tiles and stucco walls reminiscent of Tuscan villas and a courtyard with fountain that evokes a Spanish-Mediterranean flavor. But the three-tiered slate roof has a slight modernistic touch.

I didn't really have a specific style in mind when I created this model. I worked on the portico first, experimented with the different textures and colors available, then it all took off from there. I think the result isn't that bad, hehe.

Here are some more screen grabs of this SketchUp 3D model.

View of garage and portico

Another view of the courtyard with fountain (and yeah, that's a cocker spaniel near the french doors, hehe)

Tiered gabled slate roof

View of the balcony and garage.

You can download a copy of this 3D Model from here. To view some of my earlier models such as the Legazpi Railway Station and St. Agnes' Academy, click here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a very very nice creaton you have here dex. Ipagibo mo na for real hehe sayang man :-)

dex said...

@rhyz, If I had the money, why not? hehe. But nah, this isn't really my dream home. hehe

Neil said...

Nice model. I tried SketchUp before, but i didn't have the patience. :)

Anonymous said...

i didn't know google has it until i read this post hehe...i like wide windows and fountains :D

Anonymous said...

Not bad!!! I like the window design, simple yet cool!! keep it up buddy, all the best :)

dex said...

thanks guys :)