Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Web Finds: Cabos - File Sharing Program

Cabos is a free Gnutella file-sharing program based on the popular Limewire. I found this software while browsing through StumbleUpon a few weeks ago and I have been using it ever since. It's better than Limewire because it's free from adware and spyware. It also has a clean and uncluttered interface and uses a smaller chunk of your computer's memory compared to Limewire.

Aside from MP3s, you can also find other files such as documents, and movies. However, the Gnutella network offers a very limited resource when it comes to movies unlike torrents. I don't usually download full-length movies so I'm okay with that.Cabos is basically a simplified, no-fuss, no-nonsense version of Limewire. One little feature I like is the iTunes integration because I use iTunes as my default media player here at home. Cabos automatically adds audio files to my iTunes playlist as soon as I finish downloading them. Now I don't have to locate these files from my chaotic folders.

So there, if you need a simple, easy-to-use, file sharing program to download small files such as MP3s, I recommend Cabos.

8 comments:

john be anonymous said...

you need to download this right? i'm using limewire and i don't know it caused some virus thingy with my computer. maybe its time to use this software. btw, i put you on my links, i hope you don't mind. :-)

dex said...

yeah, download and install. for me it's really better than limewire kasi walang adware, spyware tsaka maliit lang yung filesize. thanks for linking to my blog. ni-link din kita :-)

my-so-called-Quest said...

wuyp. tnx sa pagbisita. i'll try this program later! hehe

Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware that Limewire had Adware or spyware. I thought Download.com presents it as spyware/adware free. Thanks for sharing the information.

dex said...

@cedeux ok, no prob!
@nexy, yeah limewire does say it's free from ad/spy ware. However, I did experience some slowing down when I was still using Limewire, so, I dunno. I'll just say Cabos works better for me. :-)

The Rainmaker said...

Great find. Surely I'll try that one.

arjay said...

have tried this upon ur recommendation. it's good, the only downside is that it has no search filters.

Anonymous said...

Cabos is so much faster than limewire. I experienced zero slowdown while using it. Some search filters would be nice though. IMO that would make it with a doubt the best p2p program out there.