Saturday, July 21, 2007

Proudly Pinoy!

Last June 12, 2007, ProudlyPinoy.org launched a competition to design a logo that can be displayed on Philippine websites and blogs. Basically the idea was to "create a logo which expresses the pride of being Filipino, and which will allow a web site to elegantly declare its Philippine identity".

Hundreds of entries were submitted and it seemed that finding the best one was daunting, considering the excellent entries posted. Iba talaga ang galing ng Pinoy. The entries were superb! Finally, the competition wrapped up last July 19. The winning logo, designed by Joe Talisic, is a simple but beautiful design depicting a stylized Philippine flag. I like it and I think the judges chose the right logo. The runners-up were also top-notch! I'm digging that "Rizal as Clark Kent/Superman" logo. Haha

The judges' comments about the logo: This logo has it all. It is perfectly balanced, has excellent visual impact, yet remains elegant and graceful. The Filipino identity is immediately obvious. The message is fairly clear - one gets a sense of warmth and caring, and love, which, unlike in other nations, are attributes that are considered more important in the Philippines than any other character trait. Hence the logo superbly expresses what makes us proud to be Filipinos.

So if you are proudly Pinoy and you have a website or blog, express your pride and use this logo now. Click here to get a copy of the logo. Spread the word to your friends too and ask them to support this project and show their pride by using this logo. :-)

1 comment:

alyssagraham said...

Hi! I like your blog. i hope you can visit mine too. www.mabuhayangpilipino.blogspot.com
I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts, and hopefully, your comments on my posts. If you wish to posts some related issues on my blog please feel free to contact me and I can add you to my members list so you can post on my blog too. Thanks!!!


regards,
alyssa graham