Monday, April 7, 2008

Stoked at CWC


The CamSur Watersports Complex (CWC) is only roughly two hours away from my city but today is only the first time we've been there. And we're glad we did. CWC rocks! To the uninformed, CWC is touted as the best wakeboarding cable park in the world today. This makes CWC and CamSur the mecca of wakeboarding enthusiasts from all over the globe.

Even though we had to wait a few hours for our turn on the cables and boards, it was all worth it. It's my first time to do extreme sports and I'm not even that athletic. Haha. We were stoked to see all those wakeboarding virtuosos doing their stuff on the lagoon with such skill and agility. But as newbies, we had to go through kneeboarding first. Kneeboarding "is an aquatic sport where the participant is towed on a buoyant, convex, and hydrodynamically shaped board at a planing speed".

It was fairly easy to do but quite tiring especially on the arms and legs. My first time on the kneeboard was a disaster. Haha. Let's just say I learned my lesson to keep my shorts tight enough. Hahaha. Too bad we only booked for an hour. But it was quite an experience and I definitely want to go back and finally learn how to wakeboard. Now that would be really cool.

Check out our photos at CWC:

2 comments:

Calv said...

ey mukhang enjoy yan ah. too bad di na kami maka-visit sa camsur on our bicol trip. daming pwedeng bisitahin sa sorsogon already as it is.

Anonymous said...

u look like a sixth grader with a helmet on.bwahahahaha!:P