Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've Upgraded to Flickr Pro

I finally decided to get myself a Flickr Pro account. Why? For no serious reason, really. I've been a Flickr user since 2005 and I think it's still the best photo sharing website today. Unlike other services such as Photobucket or Imageshack, Flickr is not just another photo storage facility.

What I love about Flickr is the interaction with other users, from professional photographers to amateur shutterbugs like me. I get a kick out of random people appreciating my humble photos (all taken with an old point-and-shoot digital camera) by leaving a comment or even adding them to their 'Favorites'.

Flickr is also home to a mind-blowing collection of images from around the world (over 2 billion). I can waste hours just ogling at the impressive photos, wishing I can also take such awesome shots. There are also other cool stuff to do with my photos using third-party Flickr toys. By the way, I made that 'Dextr' logo using this Flickr logo maker.

Flickr Pro comes with additional features and privileges not available to free accounts, such as unlimited storage, unlimited sets, unlimited bandwidth, permanent archiving of high-res original images, ad-free browsing and sharing as well as account and photo stats. I like the last feature since I'm a bit of a stats freak.

Please do check out my Flickr photos. And if it isn't too much to ask, don't forget to leave a comment. hehe. ;-)

No comments: