Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New Life, New Beginnings

The past week has been quite eventful, and definitely, one of the most important highlights was the beginning of a new life and a new hope, the birth of my new godchild Gaby. This post is a shout-out to her mom, my friend and colleague Phoebe.

Congratulations for having such a beautiful baby. I know that despite the buckets of tears you shed throughout the time you carried your baby in your womb, you remain strong and steadfast. I am happy that you have finally found the courage to stand up on your own and refuse to be trashed by anyone.

Now that you have a new daughter, continue to be strong. Don't be afraid; I think a family is already complete when the love you give is pure and strong that it will fill any void or emptiness. Just have faith, fulfill your duty as a mother and create a beautiful family for your children. I'm sure God will reward you for all the sacrifices.

Your new child is truly a blessing. I wish that with her birth finally comes the happiness that has long been elusive to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That's really brave of her. Send her my regards. Single moms impress me.

dorkzter said...

and congratulations to you too for being a godfather. hehe :D

Phoebe said...

i just read this now, and as expected, you made me burst into tears..ur right, with Gaby here with me now, this will definitely mean a new beginning for me, for us...i thought, i'd never make it through alone..but with u guys beside me and through God's guidance, I survived and made it through...hey, thanks for sticking with me friend during this difficult time..i'm sure Gaby will be glad to have u as her godfather...

arjay said...

@phoebe - i salute you. my mom's a single parent too and i have been a witness to the sufferings she has had in raising me. i'm proud of you! and i'll pray for you and your baby. ;)